Monday, April 21, 2014

Quick Kale Fix

Today I found myself realizing at 3:30pm that I still had not eaten lunch. I'm not one of those "Oops, I forgot to eat" people, trust me. Forgetting to eat is a foreign concept to my brain (and stomach). I might miss a breakfast or lunch here and there, due to timing but I always more than make up for it, not always in the healthiest of ways, unfortunately.
Wanting to silence the rumbling in my belly without spoiling tonight's dinner with a heavy afternoon meal, I turned to my good friend Mr. Kale. This also makes a yummy side dish.


Quick Kale Fix

Ingredients:
A small bunch of fresh kale (I didn't measure, but I'd guess about 4-5 cups)
1 small red onion, sliced
4 cloves of garlic, chopped (or to taste, I happen to love it)
A splash (let's say 1/4 cup) of Marsala wine (because, well...why not?)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt (or to taste)

1. Wash, drain and chop kale (set aside).
2.  Add garlic and onion to heated oil and sauté for about 3 minutes.
3. Add kale, wine and salt. Stir and cover.
4. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until kale is at desired tenderness.


1 comment: