Monday, May 19, 2014

Pesto Caprese Sandwich with Balsamic Asparagus

This easy-breezy sandwich is both refreshing and full of flavor. Perfect for summer dinners (or lunch) after a long day of gardening (hopefully growing your own veggies!) and yard work under the sun.


Pesto Caprese Sandwich

Ingredients:
Fresh Mozarella Cheese (or vegan substitute)
Roma Tomatoes
Pesto Spread of your choice (I use Trader Joe's Genova Pesto)
Fresh green or purple Italian Basil leaves (Mine came straight from my garden!)
Rolls (Ciabatta are ideal, but I happened to have some fresh Keiser ones in my kitchen so I used those. Save money, use what you have!)

I won't provide directions on how to put these ingredients together because if you can read my blogposts without assistance, you have the skills necessary to put a sandwich together on your own. 
I believe in you!

Steamed Balsamic Asparagus

Ingredients:
1 bunch fresh Asparagus
Olive oil (to taste)
Balsamic Vinegar (to taste)
1 tsp dried Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Kosher salt (to taste)

Also super-simple! 
1. Wash and cut Asparagus stalks into two or tree pieces.
2. Steam until tender, but not soggy (about 5 minutes, checking frequently).
3. Drain. Combine and toss all ingredients in a bowl.
4. Let cool and serve at room temperature.

YUM!

PS. Confession: While 1 serving is perfectly satisfying, I ate two sandwiches all on my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment